In this tutorial, you will learn to convert GIF to Lottie JSON.
You can use the Lottie library in Python to convert any GIF to Lottie JSON using Python.
I was on the lookout for something similar. Initially, I was looking for an automated method, and I got to know about this Python Library that does the conversion.
As a result, I conclude that it does not exist at this time. Even though I haven’t done much research, I believe we should be able to break the GIF into individual images and then use after effects to create a Lottie version of it.
We will almost certainly need to create vector versions of the individual images in order to reduce the file size of the final product.
Using Lottie Library In Python
Because the Lottie format is designed for vector graphics, converting raster images to it is not always a successful endeavor.
While python-Lottie does support a few different algorithms for importing raster images, the process is a little slow for larger images, so use it with caution if you need to import a lot of images.
Install the extras tagged with the word “trace” in order to make use of the Potrace vectorization library.
Once everything is set up, all you have to do is run Lottie convert.py using the vectorization algorithm.
lottie_convert.py input_file.gif output_file.json --bmp-mode trace
For Pixel Art you should use the below code to convert GIF to JSON. Here we are using the Pizel algorithm for conversion.
lottie_convert.py input_file.gif output_file.json --bmp-mode pixel
Or you can simply use the default mode for conversion using the below commands.
lottie_convert.py input_file.gif output_file.json
I hope you were able to convert the GIF to Lottie JSON using the Python Lottie library. This library provides a tool to convert such GIFs, JPEG, PNG to JSON and vice versa.
Let me know in the comment section if you are facing any issues I will be happy to help you.
- How To Get Every nth Element From A List in Python
- How To Run Python Script Constantly In Background
- How To Convert Python String To Array
- Code Example: How To Check If Set Is Empty In Python
- Code Examples – Write A List To CSV Using Python
- Code Example: Loop Back To The Beginning Of A Program
- How To Do Nothing In An If Statement Python
- Code Example: Remove The First Item From List Python
- 4 Ways To Loop Through List With Index Using Python
- Code Examples: Multiply In Python